Updated: Jan 8, 2022
Why are you poking the bear?
Couldn’t you just soften your message a little?
Maybe you could just reword a few things, so he doesn’t get so triggered.
Perhaps if you let a few years pass and let things calm down a little…
Just tone it down.
Just don’t make waves.
Just don’t make such a big deal.
Compromise often seems so reasonable.
Courage is so damn inconvenient.
- What if Rosa Parks had apologized and given her seat up?
- What if Emily Pankhurst stayed out of jail and just waited for “someday” to come when women had the right to vote?
- What if Monica Lewinsky decided it was too intimidating to tell the truth?
- What if Edward Snowden had never blown the whistle on government privacy issues?
- What if Erin Brockovich decided not to poke the big powerful gas and electric company?
- What if Rose McGowan and Ashley Judd were too scared to report Harvey Weinstein’s abuse?
What if thousands of abuse victims stay silent?
What if the false reputation of a perpetrator stays more important than the exposure of his true character?
One of the RULES I get to break today is SILENCE.
Will keep me quiet or small. Ever again. The truth gets to be told.
Suppression of the truth is done - collectively and personally.
Yes, it’s inconvenient.
Yes, it’s painful.
Yes, it’s hard to look at.
Today, I am unapologetically HONEST and INCONVENIENT.
Do you crave the power of honesty and UNAPOLOGY in your life?